Thursday 30 January 2014

French and Indian fiction?

We had a comment about F&I fiction
Hi, I'm looking for a good list of historical fiction novels set in the French & Indian War, or thereabouts. I'm particularly interested in ones either seen from the Indian perspective or featuring them as characters. I've read the Leatherstocking novels, of course. I just,can't seem to get into Eckert's narrative histories, though. Any suggestions?

I don't read fiction - do any of you have any recommendations? To see what fiction I have covered go on the fiction label below

5 comments:

  1. "The Light in the Forest," and "A Country of Strangers," by Conrad Richter; "Black Robe," by Brian Moore. "Unconqered," by Neil H. Swanson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black robe I know - a great read...

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'The Blooding of'Jack Absolute' by C.C. Humphreys is set in 18th century Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone! And thanks to the esteemed webmaster for adding a few more on the latest posts. You guys are the best...!

    ReplyDelete