Tuesday 21 July 2009

Northwest Passage (1940) Final scene

This old Hollywood movie is another source of inspiration for a UK based French and Indian war fan like myself. I am sure you have all seen it. Watching it with hindsight it has a lot of flaws - the Rangers clothing for one but most of all its terrible depiction of Indians, but there are some good bits and if you can stand the racism it's still worth watching. The scenery and settings are superb, the boats and buildings like the mission at St Francis are well done - even the odd regular - like in this scene are well rendered. I once had a dream that 'they' were remaking this film but making it more authentic - I dunno I still think it would be a good idea and I'd watch it... I didn't know there was a tv series in the late 50s based on the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment